Snotgirl, Vol. 1
Author: Bryan Lee O'Malley 
Genre: Graphic Novel, Mystery
Publisher: Image Comics
Published: February 28, 2017
Pages: 136
My Rating: ★★★

Who is Lottie Person? Is she a gorgeous, fun-loving social media star with a perfect life or a gross, allergy-ridden mess? Enter a world of snot, blood, and tears in this first collection from New York Times Best Seller Bryan Lee O'Malley (Scott PilgrimSeconds).

A fashion blogger who is paralyzed by her terrible allergies.
I couldn't sleep last night because I am traveling to my cousin's wedding. Whenever I have to fly my anxiety goes off the roof! The only way I can calm myself down is by reading something that keeps my attention. I usually turn to graphic novels in this case because I love looking at the illustrations. In this graphic novel, in particular, these images were absolutely stunning. 

The story follows a young girl in her twenties that blogs for a living. Which is exactly what I am trying to do because I love it so much. I could really relate to the main character Lottie. However, she did get annoying at times which is my only flaw in the story as a whole. This is why it didn't get a five star from me. All the characters are super relatable. Lottie just has a pity party at times which made me roll my eyes quite a bit. It's been a while where I have laughed out loud while reading and this one did it for me. 

I was not expecting the cliffhanger ending at all. I am for sure picking up the next volume. This graphic novel is not suitable for children. There are mature topics discussed throughout and it touches on some mental health topics. I was very surprised by this story but in a very good way. Fashion and blogging both topics I very much enjoy. This is exactly what I want a graphic novel to be. The story shows the importance of social media and how you only see so much in a person's life through their profile. I devoured this in one whole sitting. 



Bryan Lee O'Malley is a Canadian cartoonist. His first original graphic novel was Lost at Sea (2003), and he is best-known for the six-volume Scott Pilgrim series (2004 to 2010). All of his Scott Pilgrim graphic novels were published by Portland, Oregon-based Oni Press. In July 2014 his graphic novel Seconds was released by Ballantine Books. He is also a songwriter and musician (as Kupek and formerly in several short-lived Toronto bands).