Lumberjanes Issues #1
Author: Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Shannon Watters
Genre: Graphic novel, Fantasy
Publisher: BOOM! Studios
Published: April 9th, 2014
Pages: 27
My Rating: ★★★
Jo, April, Mal, Molly and Ripley are five best pals determined to have an awesome summer together...and they’re not gonna let any insane quest or an array of supernatural critters get in their way! Not only is it the second title launching in our new BOOM! Box imprint but LUMBERJANES is one of those punk rock, love-everything-about-it stories that appeals to fans of basically all excellent things.  Five best friends spending the summer at Lumberjane scout camp...defeating yetis, three-eyed wolves, and giant falcons...what’s not to love?!
Five young mischievous girls at summer camp where things aren't always what they seem to be.
At first, I was confused about why other readers rated this graphic novel so high. I was confused and did not really understand what was going on the first couple of pages... but by five pages in.. I was hooked and have already placed a hold at my library for issue #2. The illustrations are beautiful. It made me reminisce about being young and going to summer camp. It brought back all the feels of childhood. The first issue is very short and I devoured it in one sitting. I need more now!! The story was very quirky and funny. This was just what I needed late at night when I was feeling anxious. This is why I love reading. Escaping to another reality. 
                                                Book Depository / Barnes and Noble



Noelle Stevenson is a comic artist and freelance illustrator residing in Los Angeles, California. She published the young adult graphic novel NIMONA in 2015, which is also serialized online . She has been nominated for a Harvey Award, and was awarded the Slate Cartoonist Studio Prize for Best Webcomic in 2012. She is a graduate of the Maryland Institute College of Art and has done published work for BOOM! Studios, Random House, MacMillan Press, and What Pumpkin Studios, among others. She is the co-writer of LUMBERJANES, a comic series from BOOM! Box, and has done writing work for Frederator's BRAVEST WARRIORS as well.